Saturday, January 31, 2009

Paul Leonard-Morgan - Filmtales (Special Edition)

So I remember sitting there watching films, listening to the soundtracks and thinking, "what a cool job". And listening to my mum's old records and thinking how cool it would be to work with bands. And then the two things just kind of started to happen at the same time. In a little church in Glasgow where all the bands would come out to play and to record. I had started writing some music for films in a studio at the back of Cava Studios. And then the bands next door would ask me to help out on their records. Arranging the string parts, playing keyboards, conducting - that kind of stuff. And as I worked with more bands, the film guys kind of liked it, and I did more soundtracks. And as I did more soundtracks, the bands kind of liked it, so I worked with more bands. And then I decided to write my own album, and I got those bands that liked the films that liked the bands to write some stuff with me. I call it Filmtales, cos I had to call it something and people say it sounds quite cinematic. Personally, I wouldn't read too much into that, though. And that's pretty much how we get to here. The special edition of my album's just been released, and I'm still sitting here thinking "what a cool job".... -Myspace

01 Wilderness (feat. Isobel Campbell)
02 Seen From The Outside
03 All For You (feat. Esther O'Connor)
04 Sienna 
05 Snatcher 
06 Like A Bullet Through The Head
07 Camera
08 No Peace Of Mind (feat. Jenna G) 
09 Elektra 
10 Sweet Denial
11 Standing Up (feat. Steve Mason) 
12 Glory Of Pursuit
13 Symbiotic



No comments: