Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Soldout - Cuts (2008)


Yet another of those bands that are so brilliant I sort of feel like I should have known about them ages ago. I need to fire some of my staff. I can get my own damn cookies. Soldout are Cassandra and David, a couple of tremendously nice-looking Belgians who have just released their sophomore album, Cuts, on Anorak Supersport. I have listened to Cuts an embarrassing number of times already because I’m a little bit in love with everything about it. It’s the combination of two distinct personalities within their sassy synth-pop aesthetic – the gorgeously dark with a hint of psychaedelia, and the twitchy CSS-like dance-inducer – that make this album a total keeper (I need a new harddrive). -Bec

1 The Call
2 The Last Ride3 The Box
4 One Word And The Next
5 Build It Up / Knock It Down
6 Silence
7 Mysteries8 The Cut
9 Come On (Part 1)
10 Come On (Part 2)
11 The Darkest Night
12 Midnight Express
13 The Shape Of


/


No comments: