Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cut The Blue Wire - Revert, Restart, Reset (EP - 2008)


Every time I hear a new BSM/Alcopop band I proclaim them my new favourite on the label. It's usually lazy journalism, but I'm serious - Kev and co seem to outdo themselves with every release. CTBW are probably my new all-time favourite - 'Everest' is easily the best song the label has put out anyway. A joyous slab of indie-rock, these south-coast lads know how to write a good catchy pop song. All of the tunes on this EP are less than three minutes which means there's no fat to trim; it's all just good time party music.
'Everest' is, as I said, quite brilliant. And that's how I could also describe 'Rockets Ready To Fire' or 'No Song of Mine'. Choppy guitar riffs, fast drumming and inventive basslines are in abundance with some high-pitched vocals topping things off. CTBW are like trifle; so many layers every one of them is seven shades of awesome. You should buy this EP just for 'Everest'. Listen to that song over, over and over again and then play the others on repeat too. Then they'll maybe become your new favourite BSM band too.-Punktastic.com


1. Everest
2. Get Out Of The Road 
3. All Of This Was Buildings 
4. Rockets Ready To Fire 
5. Race To The King 
6. No Song Of Mine 

No comments: